Everything we have in this life belongs to God; we simply manage His resources while here on earth. Through our tithes, offerings and gifts, we demonstrate our love for God in tangible ways. The Bible is filled with examples of grateful response to God's generous gifts. Just as Jesus multiplied loaves and fishes when the crowd grew hungry, we as Christians are the heart, spirit and hands of God's outreaching love. Love grows from here through the joy of generosity.
Each year in October, we ask our members to estimate their tithes and offerings for the coming year in support of our church's ministry and mission. We do this for three reasons:
- All we have is a gift from God, so we believe that supporting God's work is an act of worship.
- At New Creation, giving is an expectation of membership. The church does not specify how much an individual or family should give, but we hope each person and family will commit a percentage of their income and increase that amount as they are able.
- Annual giving makes possible: worship, programs for children and students, Bible studies, small groups, pastoral care and support, mission trips and community projects.
New Creation uses Pushpay for our online giving portal. Pushpay is a simple and secure way for you to give to the church and support out ministries electronically. With Pushpay, you can create one personal account with one password that you can use to give online from your personal computer or your mobile phone.
How can you learn and practice good Christian stewardship?
- Set up and live by an annual budget.
- Pray about giving regularly to God's ministry and mission through New Creation.
- Model the humility and generosity to which God has called you.
- Establish a schedule to tithe 10% of your annual income or begin tithing one week each month.
- Give of your time, talent and treasures to New Creation missions and outreach events.
Pastoral Care in Stewardship
Financial hardships may come suddenly and can cause uncertainty in our families and our faith journey. If you are experiencing financial hardship, don't let your inability to give keep you from participating and serving in church. Remember that God honors your faithfulness and your acceptance is not based on your ability to give financially. Please let our pastors know of your situation so that they may pray and support you. You can contact our pastors at 757-484-8217.
As a church, we strive to demonstrate stewardship by managing our resources wisely. You can request a copy of the latest finance report from the Finance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.