I’d like to share with you several statistics I read recently about the people who make up
- There are nearly 7 billion people in the world.
- 1 in 7 does not have enough to eat.
- 1 in 6 does not have access to safe water.
- 1 in 6 does not have access to the most basic health care.
- 1 in 2 lives on less than $2 a day.
- 800 million (about 2.5 times the population of the US) go hungry every day.
- Every 7 seconds, a child under 5 dies from a hunger related cause.
Now I’d like to share with you about the church in America.
- The total income of American churchgoers is $5.2 trillion. (That’s more than $5,000 billion.)
- American Christians, who make up about 5 percent of the Church worldwide, control about half of global Christian wealth.
- It would take just a little over 1 percent of the income of American Christians to lift the poorest 1 billion people out of extreme poverty.
Is there a hole in the church? Is there something we are missing?
This week we are going to take a look at one of the primary reasons we exist as the church. We are called to be in mission. We are commanded by the Lord to reach out beyond our walls and meet the needs of people everywhere. I am so proud that this is so much a part of the fabric of who we are at New Creation.
Join us as we celebrate our missions ministry!